Saturday has been the day to treat myself, especially before being diagnosed with diabetes. It started with a former girlfriend who had a little eating disorder. But that’s another story.
Here’s what I would have eaten on normal Saturday:
- Homemade old fashion oatmeal with raisins and a tablespoon of real maple syrup (my oatmeal recipe is worth a blog post on its own)
- There’s a great hockey game this afternoon, so I would have gone to my favorite pub and drank about 48 ounces of beer, then had a lunch of either a sausage or Ruben sub
- I would have stopped by my favorite wine shop for a tasting
- Snack! Sometime during the day I would have had a snack. A piece of fruit, beef jerky, yogurt, or vinegar potato chips are regulars.
- Dinner I would have gone a little wild. Mac & cheese? Sausage? Omelet? Sweet potato oven fries? Pizza? Those are just some of the things I might have eaten.
Not a lot of green leafy vegetables there.
Being a good boy who gets his gold star from the health professionals means my Saturday is going to be different. From the above list, I’ll eat
- 12 ounces of beer
- Piece of fruit
This is bullshit!